Who We Are
Yvonne is a recognized expert in Compensation and a seasoned consultant in all aspects of Human Resources Management with primary emphasis on Pay Systems design, Job Evaluation Systems, Incentive Plans, Performance Management and Pay Equity. In 1991 HRPAO has bestowed on Yvonne the Fellow level CHRP Designation to recognize her outstanding accomplishments in the field of human resources and for development of new theories and practices in human resources. Yvonne has held senior positions in organizations such as: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - Information Technology Group, Toronto Hospital, Royal LePage, RCMP Pay Council, and Pay Equity Hearings Tribunal.
Yvonne offers eighteen years of human resources strategic and hands-on experience in developing and implementing strategies, programs, and policies. As a recognize expert with vision and energy to manage multiple priorities complemented by strong interpersonal skills and political savvy, Yvonne leads and inspires others to implement effective solutions to complex human resources challenges. As a President and Chief Consultant, Yvonne leads development and implementation of effective HR strategies, programs and innovative initiatives in the following areas: Compensation, Pay Equity, Employment Equity, Performance Management, Incentive Compensation linking corporate success with individual performance. As part of Business Research, Yvonne specializes in market research, competitive profiles, focus groups and developing new business streams most notably with Canadian Standards Association and CSA International.
Yvonne has held senior human resources positions in organizations such as: CIBC - Information Technology, Toronto Hospital, Royal LePage, The Permanent Trust, RCMP Pay Council, Pay Equity Hearings Tribunal -Adjudicator. In 2003, Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario awarded Yvonne the Fellow level of CHRP designation, the highest Human Resources award for an exceptional and profound impact on the human resources profession, and achievement of the highest level of human resources excellence. Among Yvonne's many accomplishments, some of the most interesting include:
The Editorial Board of Who's Who in Canadian Business included Yvonne Blaszczyk in many of their editions.
- Consultant to The 1999 Canadian Human Rights Act Review Panel under Justice de Forest
- Founding partner with The Globe And Mail of National CEO Forum on HR issues
- Ontario Hospital Association Advisory Board on Pay Equity
- Judge - Vision Awards Ottawa
- Founder of Federal Government Affairs Forum
- Advisory Council to Pay Equity Commission of Ontario
- The Globe And Mail: ON THE MOVE
- PAY EQUITY GUIDE - Editor-in-Chief/writer
- COMMUNICATIONS & PAY EQUITY COMPLIANCE MANUALS
PUBLIC SPEAKING EXAMPLES:
- Competitive Flexible Benefits Plan Conference: Human Resources Strategy and Context for Global Competition
- Refocusing the HR Function: How to Reward and Recognize your Workforce
- Strategic Compensation & Benefits: Summit
LEADERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATIONS:
HRL - Human Resource Leaders
- Chair, Board of Directors and Chair, Advisory Board
THRPA - Toronto Human Resources Professionals Association with over 6400 HR decision makers
- past Chair, Board of Directors
- past President
- past founding Director in 2004
HRPAO - Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario
Although Yvonne is not using her professional designation, she earned the highest honours in her service to the profession and HRPAO bestowed upon Yvonne the Fellow level Designation to recognize her outstanding accomplishments in the field of human resources, and for development of new theories and practices in human resources.
- Past President
- Past Vice President, HR Research Institute (York University)
- Past Chairperson, Board of Directors
CCHRA- Canadian Council of Human Resources Associations
- Past Chair, Board of Directors
- Past President
- Past Chair, Government Affairs
NAHRMA - Canada, US and Mexico
International Human Resources venues: World Congress in Caracas, Venezuela and
Mexico City, Mexico, among others
- Ontario Service Safety Alliance - Board of Directors 2004 – 2007
- Ontario Hospital Association Advisory Board
- Advisory/Consultant -The Canadian Human Rights Act Review Panel
Yvonne specializes in innovative compensation programs design and market research, having created competitive industry profiles for Intertek ETL SEMKO, TUV Suddeutschland (TUV SUD), Bureau Veritas, TUV Rheinland; new strategy development and implementation having conducted international focus groups and developing pay and organizational structure, Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) for a new business specializing in food testing, and medical organizations accreditation in USA and Canada, most notably with Canadian Standards Association and CSA International.
- Founding partner with The Globe and Mail of National CEO Forum on HR issues
- Founder of Federal Government Affairs Forum
- The Editorial Board of Who's Who in Canadian Business included Yvonne Blaszczyk in their editions.
SAMPLE CLIENT LIST
- ADRIO – Executive Compensation
- York Central Hospital – Job Evaluation & Compensation
- ST. Thomas Elgin Hospital – Non-Union & CAW Pay Equity compliance
- Clock Tower – Arbitration SEIU
- PLASP – Job Evaluation Pay Equity compliance
- Wesway – Pay Equity maintenance and development of Job Evaluation plan including negotiations with bargaining agent and their consultant ( Daina Green)
- Norfolk County – Pay Equity compliance & Job Evaluation plan issues with SEIU ( Daina Green)
- Alcon – Pay Equity Ontario & Quebec
- Mecaer Amerique – Pay Equity Quebec
- Medisys- Pay Equity Quebec
- Wendy’s Restaurants - Pay Equity
- Henry’s Photography- Pay Equity
- Danier Leather – Pay Equity and new compensation program both Ontario & Quebec
- Danier Leather – Designing new compensation program for retail operations and store management
- Danier Leather – Re-engineering manufacturing operation and developing new skill based pay program “ Flow Manufacturing”
- Town Shoes - Pay Equity compliance and new compensation program
- Grand & Toy – Pay Equity compliance Ontario for all non-union and 5 bargaining units
- Grand & Toy – Pay Equity Quebec
- Aramark Sports & Entertainment – Pay Equity Compliance
- Aramark - Pay Equity and new compensation program all Ontario locations
- CDI – Child Development Institute – Pay Equity & negotiating Pay Equity maintenance and new job evaluation system with 2 unions
- DPNC – Pay Equity & negotiating with SEIU ( Daina Green)
- Toronto District School Board – Pay Equity compliance Non-union and Union – CUPE complaint to the Pay Equity Commission
- Allied Research – Pay Equity compliance and Compensation Program
- Dominion Voting – compensation program
- University of Toronto – compensation review in response to union position paper on compensation issues
- PlateSpin – compensation program
- York University – Pay Equity Compliance & union negotiations on Pay Equity
- Certicom – Stock options for Board of Directors
- CSA Group – Focus groups and HR Program
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board – Pay Equity issue and complaint at the Pay Equity Hearings Tribunal
- Science & Medicine Canada – Human Resources function outsourced
- Blueprint (IBM & MDS venture) - Human resources program for start up organization
- Teleias Inc – Human Resources program
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce – Job Evaluation System
- Boehringer Ingelheim - Competency based pay and incentive program
- Pitney Bowes Leasing – Incentive program
- MICA –Incentive Program
- Toronto Life Magazine – Incentive program
- FASHION magazine - Incentive program
- Firan (Consultant to Morgan Firestone) - Board of Directors compensation
- Metroland Printing & Publishing – Pay Equity compliance
- The Toronto Hospital – Pay Equity compliance
- College of Nurses of Ontario – Pay Equity compliance
- Glen Corporation – Pay Equity compliance
- Benjamin Film Laboratories – Pay Equity compliance
- Hy & Zel Drug Stores – Pay Equity compliance
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police - Human Resources Strategic Council
- Mirolin Industries Inc. – Pay Equity compliance
- White Rose Craft & Nurseries - Pay Equity compliance
- University of Western Ontario – Pay Equity approach advice in 1990
Other Clients: Amdahl, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Shell Canada, Uni-line (US), Nortel etc.
Vice President, Research & Marketing
Fiorella focuses on our market research, market segmentation initiatives, and knowledge events including How To Workshops and Employment Equity compliance. With over ten years experience in marketing, market research data and delivering insightful recommendations including industry specific projects such as research on marketing tactics and approaches that were used by CSA for the 2006 CE Code pre-launch marketing campaign including mailings, press releases, media articles, e-Mail promotions, product highlights on the CSA web site.
Prior to joining CP&B she has been working for SunMedia 24 HRS in advertising and marketing area.
Marylka's extensive background in compensation includes compensation program development, including the design of Job Evaluation Systems, training and management of Job Evaluation committees, compensation structures for salaried and hourly employees, Pay Equity compliance, salary policy development; design and implementation of administrative processes; design, implementation of national total cash compensation surveys; development of bonus plan designs; Balanced score card design, profit sharing; pay for performance strategies including the design of performance management systems; training and coaching of managers on effective communication and performance management strategies, communication initiatives regarding compensation program initiatives, integrated compensation / performance management program design and implementation for organization development / change management / culture change.
Compensation related clients have included Wendy’s/Arby’s Group, Sears Canada, SHL Transport, The Coinamatic Group, OMERS, HOOP, Cotton Ginny/Tabi.
Marylka has a BA in Psychology from McGill, an MBA in Organization Behavior and Marketing from the Schulich School of Business at York University, and the CHRP and SHRP designations from the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA). Marylka is a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) and is a member of the Canadian Association of Management Consultants. The CMC is the only internationally recognized professional consulting designation. Marylka is the Board Chair for the GTA Chapter for CMC Canada, and also serves on a provincial committee on Executive member engagement. She is the founder and Chair of the GTA Human Resources Speakers Forum. Marylka has taught HR at Ryerson and Sheridan Institute.
Lorraine Weygman M.Ed, CHRP
Lorraine’s ability to simplify and clarify complex problems plus her depth of knowledge and breadth of experience, provides her clients with innovative solutions and a distinct competitive edge. Her contagious passion and enthusiasm supports individuals and teams to implement change. The results are a more engaged workforce in a culture of collaboration.
With over 25 years of international experience as an accomplished facilitator, consultant, public speaker, writer, radio host and educator, she has received rave reviews for her inspirational, common sense approach and sustained breakthrough results. Her expertise includes teaching and clarifying the dominant thinking styles of individuals to optimize communication and innovative problem solving, high performing teams, understanding and embracing change, collaborative leadership and workplace culture.
As a school board consultant, Lorraine designed, taught courses and guest lectured at universities and colleges on four continents. Her successful experience with consulting and franchise ownership in Latin America taught her how to work successfully with business leaders of major international corporations from a wide variety of cultures.
She has been featured on radio and television and in numerous magazines and newspapers in North and South America, Britain and Russia.
Worldwide, she has published over 100 articles in Health Care, Banking, Pharmacy, Condominium, Financial, Associations, Human Resources, Business, Women's and Government publications and media websites.
She is a former executive member of the Human Resources Professionals of Ontario (West Toronto Chapter) and of the advisory board of the HRProfessonal magazine. At present, she is a member of the Toronto Board of Trade, the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers and the Human Resources Professionals Association.
Lorraine has an M. Ed. in Adult Education, majoring in Developing Human Resources, Organizational Development and Administration, a B.A. in Psychology, a B.F.A. Honours, in Visual Arts and Film and is a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP).